Amy Farrah Fowler | Big Bang Theory Wiki
Dr. Amy Farrah Fowler first appeared in the third season and has been the main character in The Big Bang Theory since the fourth season. She is a neurobiologist and will later become the wife of Sheldon Cooper.
Integration into the series
Because Sheldonsexual is simply neutral, Howard and Raj Sheldon have registered with a dating site on the Internet without his knowledge. When they registered, they answered the questions exactly as Sheldon would. After a short time, Amy was suggested to the two boys for “Sheldon” with almost one hundred percent agreement. Howard and Raj were very surprised about this equality, they then blackmailed Sheldon with a dirty sock to date Amy.
She explains that she doesn’t want to be touched or have sex and only dates because she has an agreement with her mother that she will have a date at least once a year. Surprised by this resemblance, Sheldon is tempted to buy her a drink.
Sheldon and Amy become friends in season four. She also gets to know the other members of the group, becomes friends with Pennyan as well and promptly declares her best friend. Penny, Amy and Bernadette are then seen together more often.
When Amy and Sheldon finally become a couple, her friends call her “Shamy”.
Amy appears at the beginning, as already mentioned, as the female counterpart to Sheldon. She’s highly intelligent and analytical. She doesn’t attach much importance to social contacts and is against almost any physical contact, especially sexual contact. She also has no sense of humor at first and does not understand irony. She also often says that she had no friends in her childhood and that her mother kept her away from any social activities for fear that this would put her on the wrong track. Through contact with the others, especially Penny and Bernadette, Amy learns to develop a sense of humor, to loosen up and to enjoy life.
Sheldon and Amy quickly become friends and spend a lot of time together. Since Sheldon refuses to call her his girlfriend, Amy agrees to a date with Stuart, which makes Sheldon furious with jealousy. So they both decide to sign a relationship agreement and be a couple. However, the relationship suffers from the fact that Amy has to raise Sheldon in romantic matters and feels partly neglected. At the beginning of season 10, she even breaks up with him, believing that Sheldon will not change. While Amy is dating other men, Sheldon suffers greatly from the breakup as he was about to propose to Amy. After realizing how much he loves and needs Amy, the two get back together and experience their first time together and move into Penny’s old apartment together. After Amy has to leave for work and Sheldon is kissed by Ramona, Sheldon promptly drives to the airport, gets on a plane and flies to Amy. Once there, he proposes to her and the two get married in season 11, and in season 12 they both win the Nobel Prize.
Amy calls Penny a best friend shortly after they met and wants to do as much as possible with her. At first it is not clear whether Amy does not have sexual feelings for Penny, as she often admires her and drops remarks. Later on, however, it becomes clear that she considers Penny to be her best friend, as she was very lonely in her childhood and youth and her new friends have changed her life. Therefore she “submits” to herself in friendship and always tries to please Penny.
Through Penny, Amy also gets to know Bernadette and gets on well with her, as both are highly educated. She even becomes her maid of honor and spends a lot of time with her. However, it also turns out that they are not the best of friends, so Amy prefers Penny to Bernadette. Amy also shows that she is partly jealous of Bernadette because of her body and her job.
Both originally have no contact at all, with Howard being the one who “paired Amy up” with Sheldon. At a scavenger hunt– random selection, the two get to know each other better. They realize that they have similar taste in music and also make a good team. In the further course of the hunt, both of them go to a Karoke bar sometimes, but their contact remains negligible.
* Amy plays the harp.
* Amy invented her own secret language, Op
* Unlike Sheldon, she doesn’t like comic books and is not a Star Trek fan.
* The actress Mayim Bialik is herself a PhD in neurobiology. The authors changed it for the character Amy after Bialik started the show.
* Like all the main characters, except Penny, Amy wasn’t very popular in school and she had no friends; the only person who wrote in her yearbook was her mother, who wrote, “Dear Amy, self-esteem and immaculacy are better than friends and fun. Your mom.”
* When she was 14 years old, she “cut the webs between her toes with her own hands”; for anesthesia, she used only nitrous oxide (vulgo: laughing gas) from whipped cream cans.
* She has an agreement with her mother that she must have a date at least once a year.
* She spent a semester abroad in Norway.
* She threw up once after kissing Sheldon. (though she was drunk during the kissing)
* She once spent a lot of money to have a picture painted of her and Penny
* She has a malpositioned uterus
* She lives in apartment number 314, which is the beginning of the circle of pi.
* She has slight lesbianism toward Penny.
* Amy thinks she and Penny are best friends, that’s why she calls Penny “best friend.”
* In Sheldon’s apartment, she hides many overnight kits (toothbrush, towel, etc.) under the couch or in the bathroom.
* She has an amateur biologist fiancé who finances her lab equipment.